It has been more than twenty years since Claire Randall walked through the stones and traveled back in time to eighteenth century Scotland. In that time, she fell in love with Jamie Fraser and had a daughter, Brianna. Now Brianna has followed her mother’s footsteps – but instead of finding herself in the past, she steps into the world of Roger Wakefield, a historian who knows far too much about the Frasers for his own good. While Brianna strives to protect her family from Roger’s knowledge, as well as ensure her own survival amidst dangerous political forces competing for control of Britain, Jamie finds himself alone at Lallybroch – Castle Leoch having been burned to the ground by Redcoats – fighting for his life against treacherous outlaws . . . and waiting hopefully for word from Claire.
For who is this book for ?
- The author does a great job at describing the historical setting and making it feel real.
- The characters are believable and interesting.
- There is a lot of action, adventure, and romance.
- The author takes too many liberties with time travel, making it harder to follow the story
- The book is overly long and could benefit from tighter editing
- Overall, the plot is not particularly compelling
Learn more about the author
“Diana Gabaldon has done it again! A Breath of Snow and Ashes is a captivating, heart-wrenching novel that draws readers in from the very first sentence. Full of historical detail, romance, adventure, and suspense, this latest installment of the Outlander series is sure to please fans old and new.”
“Diana Gabaldon is a master storyteller.”
“The wait is over. Diana Gabaldon returns to her Outlander world with A Breath of Snow and Ashes, the long-awaited sixth novel in the bestselling series that has captivated millions of readers around the world.”
“fantastic read – this series just keeps getting better and better… If you haven’t started reading Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander series, then what are you waiting for!?”