In A Cancelled Teacher, Doc King Cole tells the story of his life as a public school teacher in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. After more than two decades of teaching, he was abruptly fired from his job in what he believes to be a case of political retribution. In this poignant and insightful memoir, Cole reflects on the joys and challenges of his career, shares stories about some of his most memorable students, and offers observations about American education today.Honest and introspective, A Cancelled Teacher provides an intimate look at one man’s journey through the complex world of public education.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for anyone who is interested in the inner workings of public education in America, as well as anyone who is curious about what it’s like to be a teacher. Cole provides a unique and insightful perspective on both topics, offering readers an up-close look at his personal experiences.
- A Cancelled Teacher offers a unique perspective on the joys and challenges of being a public school teacher in America.
- The stories about Doc’s students are both entertaining and informative.
- This book is introspective and honest, providing readers with an intimate look at one man’s journey through the American education system.
- The author spends a lot of time discussing his various teaching techniques, which can be tedious for readers who are not educators
- The book does not offer any specific solutions to the problems with American education
- Cole’s personal anecdotes about his students are often heartbreaking and demoralizing
Learn more about the author
Doc King Cole is a former public school teacher and the author of A Cancelled Teacher. He lives in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
“A Cancelled Teacher is an engaging memoir that provides a unique perspective on the joys and challenges of teaching in America. Cole’s writing is honest and introspective, offering readers an intimate look at one man’s journey through the complex world of public education. This book is sure to appeal to anyone who has ever been interested in the inner workings of our educational system.”
“A Cancelled Teacher is a must-read for anyone who wants to understand the inner workings of our public education system. Doc King Cole provides an insightful and often humorous look at what it’s like to be a teacher in America.”
“This book is a must read for anyone who cares about our schools and the dedicated people who teach in them.”
“This is a must read for anyone who has ever been involved in (or spent time around) the American public education system.”