For who is this book for ?
A Christmas Carol is a book for people who want to be reminded of the true meaning of Christmas. It tells the story of Ebenezer Scrooge, who learns the importance of giving and being kind after visits from ghosts representing Christmases past, present and future.
- The story is very well written and engaging.
- The characters are interesting and likable.
- It’s a heartwarming tale that is enjoyable to read during the Christmas season.
- May be too dated for some readers
- Some may find the religious elements cloying
- Though a classic, it is not Dickens’ most popular work
Learn more about the author
Charles Dickens was an English writer and social critic who is considered to be one of the greatest novelists of the Victorian era.
“I read this every year during the holiday season. It is one of my favorite books ever!”
“A Christmas Carol is my favorite book of all time. I read it every year and love the story of Scrooge’s redemption.”
“Dickens has a way of bringing out the holiday cheer in even the most curmudgeonly reader. A Christmas Carol is one of those perennial classics that never fails to bring happiness and good tidings.”