A Dance with Dragons is the fifth book in George R.R. Martin’s epic fantasy series, A Song of Ice and Fire. In the aftermath of Robert Baratheon’s death, war breaks out between his sons Joffrey and Tyrion for control over the Iron Throne. As alliances are made and broken, marriages contracted and annulled, players on both sides jockey for advantage, Jon Snow discovers troubling new truths about the world he thought he knew, while Daenerys Targaryen struggles to hold onto her newly won empire.
For who is this book for ?
A Dance with Dragons is a book for adults who enjoy epic fantasy stories. The story is filled with violence, intrigue, and political machinations as various characters try to gain an advantage in the power struggle that follows Robert Baratheon’s death.
- The fifth book in George R.R. Martin’s epic fantasy series is an exciting and engrossing read that will keep you hooked until the very end.
- A Dance with Dragons features all of the intrigue, politics, and warfare that fans of the series have come to love.
- The novel is full of richly developed characters and vivid descriptions, making it a truly immersive experience
- The book is very long, making it difficult to read
- Many of the characters are hard to keep track of
- The story can be slow at times
Learn more about the author
George R.R. Martin is the author of A Song of Ice and Fire, one of the most popular epic fantasy series ever written. He has been a finalist for both the Hugo and Nebula Awards, and won multiple World Fantasy Awards for his work.
“The fifth installment of George R. Martin’s Song of Ice and Fire is perhaps the best one yet…A Dance with Dragons delivers on all fronts, picking up where A Feast for Crows ended and continuing the story at a breakneck pace.”
“The most epic and entertaining series I have ever read.”
“The fifth book in George R.R. Martin’s Song of Ice and Fire series is finally out, and boy does it deliver! A Dance with Dragons takes readers back to the Seven Kingdoms for more bloodshed, treachery, and romance.”