George R.R. Martin’s A Game of Thrones is the first book in his landmark epic fantasy series, A Song of Ice and Fire. The novel tells the story of Westeros, a land torn by civil war following the death of its king, Robert Baratheon. With three powerful families vying for control over Westeros’ seven kingdoms, deceit and betrayal become the order of business as players jockey for power in this deadly game of thrones . . .
For who is this book for ?
- A Game of Thrones is a well-written, character-driven epic fantasy novel.
- The plot moves at a brisk pace, and there’s never a dull moment.
- George R.R. Martin has created an elaborate and fascinating world that will keep readers glued to the pages from start to finish
- The book is over 1,000 pages long
- It can be a little slow in parts
- The ending leaves you wanting more
Learn more about the author
George R.R. Martin is the author of numerous novels, including A Game of Thrones and its sequels, A Clash of Kings and A Storm of Swords. He lives in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
“An excellent book that will leave you thirsting for more.”
“If you’re looking for a great fantasy novel, look no further. George R.R. Martin’s A Game of Thrones is one of the best I’ve ever read.”
“A Game of Thrones is one of those books that grabs hold and won’t let go. Once I started reading, I couldn’t put it down.”
“This is one of the best books I have ever read. The detailed world-building and character development Mr. Martin has done rivals that of Tolkien himself.”