A Ruin of Roses is a dark and delicious fairy tale retelling. In this first book, enter the twisted world of Rose Red, where blood feuds span centuries and enemies can be deadly allies. When her father is murdered, Rose must flee to save her life. Aided by a mysterious stranger with secrets of his own, she escapes into the nearby forest where she discovers an enchanted kingdom waiting for her discovery. With magic in the air and love in bloom, will Rose find what she’s been searching for – or lose everything she holds dear?
For who is this book for ?
A Ruin of Roses is perfect for fans of dark and dangerous fairy tales with a touch of romance. If you’re looking for a story that will keep you on the edge of your seat, then this is the book for you.
- The author does an amazing job of creating a dark and twisted fairy tale world that is full of magic and intrigue.
- The romance is hot, with plenty of tension to keep readers hooked.
- This book leaves you wanting more, which makes it the perfect candidate for a series.
- The author’s prose can be beautiful, but at times the novel feels overwritten.
- The book takes a while to get into Rose Red’s story and her motivations are not always clear.
- Some readers may find the dark content disturbing
Learn more about the author
“Breene’s debut novel is an intense and captivating retelling of the classic fairy tale, complete with all the elements that make it so appealing. The characters are well-developed and believable, while the plot moves at a fast pace. A Ruin of Roses is sure to appeal to lovers of fantasy and romance alike.”
“Breene’s debut novel is a lush, atmospheric read that grips from the start and doesn’t let go. A dark reimagining of classic fairy tales, it is populated by gorgeously drawn characters who are both terrible and wonderful.”
“Top Pick! 5 stars”
“K.F. Breene has written a masterpiece!”