In Shannon McClintock Miller’s “A Stop-Motion Animation Mission,” Jack and his team are working on their very first stop-motion animation movie! They have everything they need—the story, the characters, and the props. But when things start to go wrong, will they be able to fix them in time? Join Jack and his friends on this exciting adventure as they learn about the filmmaking process. This fun and informative audiobook is perfect for young filmmakers of all ages.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for filmmakers of all ages, but especially younger children who want to learn about the stop-motion animation process.
- Shannon McClintock Miller’s “A Stop-Motion Animation Mission” is an informative and fun audiobook that is perfect for young filmmakers of all ages.
- The book follows Jack and his team as they work on their first stop motion animation movie. 3-Throughout the book, the reader learns about different aspects of filmmaking such as storyboarding, character development, and prop making.
- The narrator’s voice is a bit too high-pitched and may be challenging for some listeners.
- The book does not have an accompanying illustration booklet.
- Some of the language used in the book (e.g., “tighten up your shots,” “storyboarding”) may be unfamiliar to young readers/listeners
Learn more about the author
Shannon McClintock Miller is an award-winning author and illustrator of children’s books. She has worked in a variety of media, including animation, comics, and puppetry. Shannon resides near Cincinnati, Ohio with her husband and two sons.
“This is an excellent book for budding filmmakers of all ages. It’s engaging, educational, and entertaining.”
“This book is amazing! I’m an aspiring filmmaker and this just made my day. Thank you for writing it.”
“5 stars! Fun and informative audiobook for young filmmakers of all ages!”
“This audiobook is perfect for young filmmakers of all ages.”