A Wizard of Earthsea tells the story of Ged, a young wizard who is drawn into a perilous quest to restore an evil sorcerer to his former glory. To succeed, Ged must overcome menacing creatures and treacherous obstacles – all while learning the deepest secrets of magic. 4.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for young adults who enjoy reading about magic, adventure and suspense.
- The story is exciting and well-told.
- The characters are fascinating and multi-dimensional.
- Le Guin’s writing style is lyrical and evocative.
- The book can be slow in parts
- Ged is a little whiny at times
- Some of the interactions between characters feel forced
Learn more about the author
Ursula K. Le Guin is the award-winning author of groundbreaking science fiction and fantasy novels for adults, young adults, and children. She has won Hugo Awards, Nebula Awards, World Fantasy Awards, and five National Book Awards.
“Astonishing … I am blown away.”
“A beautifully written and expertly crafted fantasy masterpiece.”
“I loved this book! It was full of adventure, suspense and magic. I really felt like I was there with Ged on his quest.”