When Bethany Hamilton discovers a young dragon has been injured, she takes it upon herself to nurse the creature back to health. But as they spend time together, she realizes that this isn’t just any dragon—it’s actually Shade, the son of the powerful Shadow Dragon. And when he finally wakes up and realizes who Bethany is, his first instinct is to protect her from his family at all costs. Now Bethany must decide whether to return home or stay with Shade and help him stop his father from terrorizing humans everywhere. With danger lurking around every corner, can she save both Earth and Air?
For who is this book for ?
Mystery, thriller and suspense book for someone who likes to read about dragons. Dragon of Shadow and Air series is good for people 10+.
- The characters are very likable and easy to get attached to
- The plot is paced well and keeps the reader engaged
- There is a good mixture of action, suspense, and romance
- The book may be too juvenile for some adult readers.
- The plot development could use more action and suspense.
- Some readers might find the love story between Bethany and Shade to be corny or unrealistic.
Learn more about the author
Jess Mountifield is a YA fantasy author who grew up in the small town of Fayetteville, Arkansas. She graduated from Yale University and now resides in Washington, DC.
“Air Bound is a fantastic read! It has everything you could want in a book: adventure, mystery, suspense, and romance. I couldn’t put it down!”
“A fantastic read! I absolutely loved it. It has everything–adventure, suspense, and romance.”
“This is a great read for all ages. I would recommend it to everyone who loves adventure and mystery.”
“An awesome read! I found myself quickly drawn into the story and desperate to find out what happened next.”