Arcadia is the highly anticipated sequel to Erik Schubach’s debut novel, Shadow of the Scrolls. It continues the story of Max and his companions as they fight to save Arcadia from a tyrant king who seeks to control its magic. Along the way, they must face dangerous creatures, powerful mages, and their own inner demons. But most importantly, they must learn how to trust one another if they hope to succeed. LGBTQ+.
For who is this book for ?
- The story is compelling and well-written
- The characters are likable and relatable
- It’s a great read for LGBTQ+ readers
- The author includes too much description, making it difficult to follow the plot
- The book jumps around in time and location, again making it difficult to follow the plot
- There is a lot of graphic violence and sexual content which may not be appropriate for all readers
Learn more about the author
Erik Schubach is a queer author and artist who was born and raised in the small town of Muskegon, MI. He has been writing stories ever since he learned how to hold a pen, and his first novel, Shadow of the Scrolls, won an honorable mention in the 2016 Rainbow Award Contest. When he’s not writing or illustrating books, Erik enjoys playing video games, watching cartoons and movies with his partner Johnathan, and spending time with their dog Eddie.
“Erik Schubach has done it again with Arcadia. This novel is an intricate tale of magic, betrayal, and love. It’s a must-read for any fan of fantasy.”
“Erik Schubach has done it again with Arcadia. The characters are realistic and relatable, the plot is fast-paced and exciting, and the worldbuilding is intricate and expertly crafted. This book was an absolute joy to read.”
“A great read for anyone who loves magic, adventure, and romance.”
“A rich and rewarding sequel!”