Andy Weir’s latest mystery, thriller & suspense novel is Artemis. In the year 2027, humanity has colonized the moon and life is one big party for the rich inhabitants of Artemis – until Jazz Bashara, a low-class smuggler known as “the girl who sells air” gets caught up in a dangerous conspiracy. With breathless pacing and twists you won’t see coming, Weir crafts an edge-of-your seat adventure that rivals The Martian in its intensity and believability.
For who is this book for ?
Andy Weir’s latest mystery, thriller & suspense novel is perfect for fans of high-action science fiction tales like The Martian. Set in the year 2027, Artemis takes viewers on a wild ride through the dark side of humanity’s colonization of the moon – and life is anything but a party for low-class smuggler Jazz Bashara. Filled with unexpected twists and turns, Weir crafts an edge-of-your seat adventure that rivals his smash hit debut novel.
- Weir is a great storyteller, and you won’t be able to put this book down.
- The world he creates is believable and fascinating.
- It has all the elements of a good thriller
- suspense, mystery, action.
- Some readers may find the science in Artemis difficult to follow
- The book is relatively low on action scenes compared to Weir’s other work
- Weir’s characteristic humor doesn’t shine through as brightly in this novel
Learn more about the author
Andy Weir is the author of The Martian, which was a number one New York Times bestseller and has been published in more than 35 languages. He also wrote Artemus, his first novel for young adults.
“A fast-paced and thrilling adventure on the moon. Andy Weir does it again!”
“A page-turner that has all the makings of a classic”
“A fast and fun read that beautifully captures the spirit of life on Artemis.”
“Weir has created a wonderful and believable world that I really enjoyed spending time in. The plot is fast-paced and full of suspense, with plenty of unexpected twists along the way.”