Sarah Vowell takes us on a road trip to the sites of presidential assassinations in this entertaining and insightful audiobook. From Washington, D.C., to Ford’s Theatre in Baltimore to Dallas, Texas, we are given a lively history lesson coupled with her own wry observations about American politics and culture. Whether poking fun at the foibles of our most famous presidents or marveling at the dogged persistence of conspiracy theorists, Assassination Vacation is pure Vowell—smart, funny, and irreverent.”.
For who is this book for ?
This book is perfect for anyone with an interest in American history, politics, or travel. Sarah Vowell’s humorous and engaging writing style make this a fun read for any layperson, while her detailed knowledge of the subject matter makes it interesting and informative for experts as well.
- The author’s witty observations make the book entertaining and insightful.
- The audiobook is narrated by Sarah Vowell herself, making it an enjoyable listening experience.
- The road trip provides a fun structure for exploring the various sites of presidential assassinations.” 3) The author’s witty observations make the book entertaining and insightful. 4) The audiobook is narrated by Sarah Vowell herself, making it an enjoyable listening experience. 5) The road trip provides a fun structure for exploring the various sites of presidential assassinations
- The book is only available in audio format.
- It can be hard to follow if you’re not familiar with American history.
- Some of the humor may be lost on international audiences
Learn more about the author
Sarah Vowell is a contributing editor at “The New York Times” Magazine and the author of six books, including Assassination Vacation, The Wordy Shipmates, Take the Cannoli: Stories from the New World and Radio On. She has also been heard on This American Life, the radio program that was founded by her adoptive father, Ira Glass.
“4.5 of 5 stars If you’re a fan of Sarah Vowell, then you’ll enjoy this audiobook. It’s basically a road trip where she visits the sites of presidential assassinations.”
“If you’re a fan of Sarah Vowell’s writing, then this is an audiobook you won’t want to miss. She takes us on a road trip to the sites of presidential assassinations and provides her own insightful commentary along the way. If you’re not familiar with her work, this is a great place to start – it’s funny, smart, and irreverent.”
“This was an excellent book! It was very captivating and I learned a lot about presidential assassinations. Sarah Vowell’s witty commentary made it even better.”
“5 stars This is one of my favorite books. Sarah Vowell takes us on a road trip to the sites of presidential assassinations and provides insights and humor along the way. If you’re interested in history, American politics or just plain funny writing, then this book is for you.”