In “Bad Blood,” John Carreyrou tells the story of Elizabeth Holmes and her company, Theranos. Holmes was once considered a genius and one of the most promising young entrepreneurs in Silicon Valley. However, her career came crashing down after it was revealed that her company’s blood-testing technology was actually fraudulent. This book offers an inside look at how Holmes’ empire crumbled as well as the culture of secrecy and deception that pervades Silicon Valley startups.
For who is this book for ?
John Carreyrou’s “Bad Blood” tells the story of Elizabeth Holmes and her now defunct company, Theranos. This book is for readers who are interested in business and careers, as it offers an inside look at how Holmes’ empire crumbled. It also provides a glimpse into the culture of secrecy and deception that pervades Silicon Valley startups.
- The book is well written and tells an interesting story.
- It offers a unique perspective on the culture of Silicon Valley startups.
- The downfall of Theranos is a cautionary tale for anyone who wants to start their own business.
- It is a long book.
- It can be hard to follow the many characters and their complicated relationships.
- The story may be too complex for some readers
Learn more about the author
John Carreyrou is a business journalist who has been covering the Theranos story since 2015. He is a staff writer at The Wall Street Journal and was awarded the 2018 Pulitzer Prize for National Reporting for his coverage of the company.
“This is a fantastic book about the rise and fall of Theranos. It’s well-written, engaging, and educational – I couldn’t put it down.”