Bearded Dragons is a book about real-life dragons. Author Wil Mara tells the story of how he and his wife rescued two bearded dragons from being sold as snake food at a pet store, and raises them from infancy to adulthood. Along the way, Mara provides tips on handling and caring for bearded dragons, explaining their behavior and ecology in an engaging manner that will engage both children and adults alike. The audiobook features music by award-winning composer Michael Agranoff.
For who is this book for ?
Bearded Dragons is for people who want to learn about real-life dragons. This book has information on how to take care of them, what they eat and the different kinds of bearded dragons there are in the world.
- The author clearly has a lot of experience with bearded dragons and is able to share that knowledge in an engaging way.
- The audiobook features music by award-winning composer Michael Agranoff, making it a more enjoyable listening experience.
- This book provides tips on handling and caring for bearded dragons which could be very handy for those considering getting one as pet.
- The book may be too long for very young children.
- Some of the information may be over the head of younger listeners.
- The audiobook features music by award-winning composer Michael Agranoff, which some parents might find irritating or distracting.
Learn more about the author
Wil Mara is the author of several books on reptiles and amphibians, including Garter Snakes: A Natural History. He has been keeping lizards and snakes as pets since he was a child, and currently maintains a collection of more than 100 animals. Wil lives in Connecticut with his wife and two children.
“This delightful audiobook is perfect for dragon fans of all ages. It’s full of fascinating information about bearded dragons, from their ecology to how to care for them. The story is funny and engaging, and the author’s love for his pets really comes through. The accompanying music is beautiful and enhances the listening experience.”
“A wonderful, charming book about two very special lizards. The author’s love for these creatures is evident on every page and his easy style makes this perfect reading material for both children and adults.”
” This dragon book is fabulous! I picked it up for my seven-year-old son, expecting a sanitized and boring breeding manual. Wrong! Bearded Dragons is funny, exciting, educational – everything you could hope for in an animal adventure story. It’s even better because the real bearded dragons are the stars of the show.”
“I loved this book! I’m not a big reader, but I love animals and learning about new ones. This was both.”