Eva is a young woman who has led a sheltered life. She’s never been outside of her hometown, and she’s never met anyone other than her family and friends. When Eva learns that her father has been kidnapped, she decides to leave home in search of him. During her journey, Eva is attacked by someone who seems to be after something he believes she possesses. Fortunately for Eva, Hades – the god of the underworld – rescues her from harm. Although at first Hades appears to be nothing more than a terrifying monster, he eventually reveals his true identity as well as his intentions for helping Eva find her father. Along with Horus, an Egyptian deity assigned by Zeus himself to protect Eva on this mission; and Cerberus*, the three-headed dog responsible for guarding the entrance to Hades’ realm; they begin their perilous descent into the depths of hell… The group encounter all manner of perils and monsters along the way, but in the end.
For who is this book for ?
Victoria Evers’ debut novel, “Bedeveled,” is a fast-paced and thrillingly suspenseful story that will appeal to readers of all ages. Whether you’re a fan of action/adventure stories or simply looking for an exciting new read, Bedeviled is sure to keep you entertained from beginning to end.
- The author does a great job of creating suspense and mystery; I was kept guessing until the very end.
- The characters are well developed and likable (or at least understandable).
- The action is fast paced and never boring.
- The book could use more editing. There were a few typos and continuity errors that detracted from the overall story.
- The author spends a lot of time developing her characters, but not enough describing the action scenes or providing suspenseful details to truly hook the reader into wanting to know what happens next.
- Overall, it’s an interesting concept for a story, but it didn’t quite live up to my expectations.
Learn more about the author
Victoria Evers is the author of “Bedeviled” and “The Bride of Hades”. A native of upton, Massachusetts, Victoria has been writing since she was a young child. She holds a B.S. in business administration from Bentley University and an M.B.A from Harvard Business School.
“Victoria Evers has outdone herself with her debut novel, Bedeviled. It is a thrilling story of love, adventure, and mystery that will keep you turning the pages until the very end.”
“Evers has created a dark and dangerous world, peopled by compelling characters. I couldn’t put it down!”
“Evers has penned a deliciously dark and dangerous tale. With well-drawn characters, heart-pounding action, and just the right touch of humor, this book will leave you eagerly awaiting the next installment.”
“I could not put this book down! A mix of mythology, adventure and romance – I am eagerly looking forward to the next installment!”