Billy Summers is a gripping mystery, thriller and suspense novel written by world-renowned author Stephen King. When 10 year old Billy goes missing from his home in the small town of West Higgins, Maine, residents are quick to blame one of Billy’s older brothers. But as the days go on and there’s still no sign of Billy, it becomes clear that something more sinister is at play. One by one, people in the town start disappearing – seemingly targeted victims chosen by an unknown assailant. As panic sets in and Deputy Sheriff Mike Anderson races against the clock to find answers before anyone else winds up dead, he begins to realize that things are not always what they seem…and sometimes people disappear for a reason.
For who is this book for ?
If you’re a fan of Stephen King, or are just looking for an edge-of-your-seat thriller to keep you up at night, then Billy Summers is the perfect read for you. With plenty of suspense and mystery to keep you guessing until the very end, this novel is sure to have you turning pages well into the night.
- The suspense in this book is electric. You never know who the bad guy is or what he’s going to do next, making it impossible to put down.
- The characters are well developed and three dimensional, which makes you feel like you’re right there with them as the story unfolds.
- The plot is twisty and unpredictable
- just when you think you know what’s happening, King throws another curveball at you.
- The book may be too intense or graphic for some readers.
- The ending may be unsatisfying for some people.
- Some readers may find the plot difficult to follow.
Learn more about the author
Stephen King is the internationally best-selling author of more than fifty books, all of them worldwide bestsellers. His recent work includes Sleeping Beauties (co-written with his son Owen), Elevation, and a new novella, The Outsider. He is the recipient of the National Book Foundation Medal for Distinguished Contribution to American Letters and was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2003.
“Stephen King never fails to deliver, and Billy Summers is no exception. This gripping mystery will have you turning the pages until the very end in order to find out what happens next. King’s writing is as sharp as ever, and his characters are fully fleshed-out and believable. I couldn’t put this book down!”
“Stephen King is a genius and this book is no exception.”
“A nail-biting, spine-tingling thriller that will have you on the edge of your seat from start to finish! Stephen King is a master of suspense and I was hooked from page one.”
“I couldn’t put it down! What a great mystery novel – I had no idea who the killer was until the very end.”