When a young woman is found dead on the Amsterdam subway, her body horrifically mutilated, Inspector Jellema of the Dutch National Police knows he needs to call in his old friend and mentor, Harry Hole. Although retired from the force, Harry’s still one of the best investigators around–and what he uncovers about this murder could threaten not just Holland’s safety but also that of Europe as a whole.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for mystery, thriller and suspense fans who are looking for a quick, exciting read. It tells the story of Inspector Jellema’s investigation into a brutal murder on the Amsterdam subway, and how Harry Hole gets pulled in to help. The violence and gore described in the book make it unsuitable for younger readers.
- The suspense is kept up the whole way through, making it hard to put down
- The plot is intricate and well planned out
- It’s a great read for anyone who enjoys mysteries or thrillers
- It’s the second book in a series, so you might need to read the first one to understand what’s going on.
- It can be pretty gory and violent at times.
- Not everyone will like Harry Hole as a protagonist–he can be moody and volatile.
Learn more about the author
“I thoroughly enjoyed reading Black Notice, episode 2. It was a great read and kept me hooked throughout the entire book. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who enjoys mystery, thriller and suspense books.”
“Fast paced, exciting and full of suspense. I could not put it down.”
“I was completely hooked from the start! The suspense and intrigue in this book is top-notch!”
“Lotte Petri has outdone herself with Black Notice: Episode 2. This riveting thriller is full of suspense and intrigue, leaving readers desperate to find out what happens next.”