In Black Privilege: Opportunity Comes to Those Who Create It, radio and TV personality Charlamagne Tha God offers readers an insightful, no-holds-barred look into his life and provides straightforward advice for those looking to achieve success. Blending personal anecdotes with honest commentary on race, society, and culture, he argues that success is not a gift from the gods but rather something you create through hard work mixed with a bit of luck. Filled with provocative insights about Achievement vs. Legacy; Doing vs. Having; Labels vs. Characteristics—and more—Black Privilege is an essential read for anyone climbing their way up the ladder of life.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for anyone who wants to achieve success. It provides honest commentary on race, society, and culture and argues that success is not a gift from the gods but something you create through hard work mixed with a bit of luck.
- Charlamagne is brutally honest and provides a lot of valuable insight into not just his life but also race relations, society, and culture.
- The book is easy to read and entertaining while still providing relevant information.
- Black Privilege offers readers an opportunity to learn from someone who has achieved a great deal of success without compromising their integrity or morals.
- This book as a lot of positive references to the african american culture, including references to black communities, african american clothings (like the durag that you can find here or the dashiki) and black people challenges in america and other countries such as Australia, Canada or in europe.
- The author is cocky
- The book is repetitive
- The book does not offer new information
Learn more about the author
Charlamagne Tha God is a radio and TV personality, entrepreneur, and author. He currently hosts The Breakfast Club morning show on Power 105.1 FM in New York City and also appears regularly on MTV2’s Guy Code series. A self-made man, Charlamagne rose from poverty to become one of the most influential voices in American media today. In Black Privilege: Opportunity Comes to Those Who Create It, he provides readers with an insightful look into his life while offering straightforward advice for anyone looking to achieve success.
“Charlamagne Tha God is a modern-day Motivational speaker. He talks from experience and his words are worth gold!”
“Charlamagne is one of the wisest young voices in America. He has a unique ability to cut through BS and get to the heart of issues that matter.”
“Charlamagne provides rich insights and advice on how to achieve success. This book is a must read for anyone looking to maximize their potential.”
“Life-changing… Charlamagne provides an extremely vulnerable and authentic account of his life that is easy to read. He doesn’t shy away from discussing the controversial topics he’s become known for addressing and offers tangible advice on how others can achieve similar success.”