This book is all about understanding how the brain and body work together to create well-behaved, resilient kids. It offers guidance on how to shift your focus from managing behavior to raising joyful children. The author, Mona Delahooke, is a pediatric occupational therapist who has over 25 years of experience helping families achieve success.
For who is this book for ?
- Offers guidance on how to shift your focus from managing behavior to raising joyful children
- Authored by a pediatric occupational therapist with over 25 years of experience
- Provides scientifically based information and practical tips
- The book is dense and can be a bit of a slog to get through
- It’s geared towards parents who already have some knowledge about child development
- Some sections are specific to the United States and may not be relevant in other countries
Learn more about the author
Mona Delahooke is a pediatric occupational therapist with over 25 years of experience helping families achieve success. She has written extensively on the topics of child development and behavior, and her work has been featured in national publications such as Parents Magazine, ADDitude Magazine, and The Huffington Post. Mona lives in Northern California with her husband and two children.
“could not put it down! I am a pediatric nurse and have been working with kids for over 20 years. This book was so informative and useful. The examples were great, too.”
“This is an excellent book! The author has a great deal of experience and knowledge in the topics she covers. She provides clear explanations, helpful tips, and wise counsel. I am grateful for her wisdom!”
“This is an amazing book! It has truly helped me to understand my child better. I now have the tools to help him regulate his emotions and behavior.”