When struggling writer, Matthew Cowan, inherits his uncle’s cabin in the remote town of Canaan, New Hampshire he is looking forward to a much-needed break. But instead of finding peace and solitude, Cowan discovers something far more sinister lurking in the woods…
For who is this book for ?
Cabin Fever is a spine-tingling mystery novel set in the remote town of Canaan, New Hampshire. When struggling writer, Matthew Cowan, inherits his uncle’s cabin he is looking forward to some peace and solitude. But instead of finding solace in the quiet woods, Cowan discovers something far more sinister lurking in the shadows – and it soon becomes clear that he is not alone. With strange noises coming from outside the cabin at all hours of night and unexplainable events occurring around him, Cowan starts to fear for his life. Can he figure out what – or who – is behind these malicious acts before it’s too late?
- Orrie Hitt is a fantastic writer, and Cabin Fever is no exception.
- This book will keep you on the edge of your seat the entire time.
- Cabin Fever is full of twists and turns that will surprise even the most avid mystery reader.
- The author’s previous books were all suspense thrillers, so this one may not be up to par.
- The description makes the book sound like a generic thriller that has been written before.
- Cowan seems like an uninteresting protagonist who will not keep the reader hooked on the story.
Learn more about the author
Orrie Hitt (1927-2011) was an American author of mystery, thriller and suspense novels. He wrote over 50 books in his career, many of which were adapted for film or television.
“a spine chilling thriller that will keep you glued to the pages”
“A perfect blend of mystery and suspense. I couldn’t put it down!”
“An intense, fast-paced thriller that had me captivated from beginning to end. Cabin Fever is Orrie Hitt’s best work yet!”
“Recommend this book to anyone who loves a good thriller. Once I started reading, I could not put it down!”