In the seventh installment of the Arcane Casebook series, private detective Dan Willis is hired by the wealthy and mysterious Winston Churchill to investigate a series of murders targeting world leaders in Washington D.C. With clues that seem to lead back to British intelligence, Willis must race against time to solve the case before Churchill himself becomes a victim.
For who is this book for ?
Science fiction and fantasy readers who are looking for a new detective series to get into will enjoy Capital Murder. The book is suspenseful and well-written, with intriguing characters and a fast-paced plot.
- The author does a great job of weaving historical events and figures into the plot, which makes the story feel more realistic.
- The suspenseful pacing kept me hooked until the very end.
- This book is well written and enjoyable for fans of both mystery and science fiction genres
- The author’s name is Dan Willis, but the detective in the book goes by the nickname “Willis.”
- The Arcane Casebook series is written for middle grade/young adult readers, despite containing graphic violence and sexual content.
- Despite being a science fiction novel, there are no aliens or futuristic technology present; it takes place in modern day America.
Learn more about the author
Dan Willis is the author of the Arcane Casebook series, a set of science fiction and fantasy mystery novels. He lives in Colorado with his wife and two children.
“The Arcane Casebook series just keeps getting better and better. Capital Murder is a labyrinthine murder mystery that had me guessing until the very end.”
“This book was a page turner. I loved the intrigue and Willis’s sharp thinking.”
“In Capital Murder, Willis takes on one of his most challenging cases yet as he investigates a series of murders targeting world leaders in Washington D.C. The plot is tightly woven and full of suspense, and the historical references give the story an extra layer of intrigue. I can’t wait to see what Willis tackles next in this well-crafted series.”
“The Arcane Casebook series is one of my all-time favorites. Willis has a knack for creating an intriguing mystery with just the right amount of suspense and action.”