This guide provides an understanding of poverty and its interconnectedness with materialism, relational brokenness, sin, and grace. It offers a biblical perspective on how to minister restoration through practical application of God’s Word. Readers will learn about the different types of poverty, the causes and effects of poverty, as well as how to minister hope in Christ Jesus to those who are hurting financially and relationally.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for people who are looking to learn more about poverty and how to minister restoration to those who are hurting financially or relationally.
- Provides a biblical perspective on poverty
- Offers practical application of God’s Word
- Helps readers learn about different types of poverty and how to minister hope
- The author’s perspective is based strictly on the Bible and may be difficult for some readers to accept without personal experience or outside research.
- The book does not provide a great deal of practical advice or strategies specifically tailored to those living in poverty.
- The overall tone of the book could be seen as discouraging to readers who are struggling with financial difficulties because it emphasizes that there is no easy solution apart from God’s grace.
Learn more about the author
Mark F. McKnelly is the founder and president of Change for the Poor, a nonprofit organization dedicated to restoring lives with those in material and relational poverty. He has also served as an associate pastor and missionary in South America. Mark holds a master’s degree in theology from Liberty University Baptist Theological Seminary.
“If you want to help those in poverty, this is the book for you. Change for the Poor provides a biblical perspective and practical application on how to minister hope through Christ Jesus. I highly recommend it!”
“This is a great book addressing poverty and how to minister restoration through practical application of the Word of God. McKnelly has obviously done his research, and he provides real-world solutions that can make a difference in people’s lives.”
“This book is a much-needed breath of fresh air! McKnelly masterfully weaves together biblical insights and practical application to create a powerful resource for those who want to make a difference in the lives of the poor. I highly recommend it!”
“Changed my life and how I minister to the poor!”