China ABCs is a children’s audiobook about the people and places of China. Author Holly Schroeder takes listeners on an adventure through this amazing country, providing insight into its history, culture, and customs. Along the way, kids will learn the alphabet in Mandarin Chinese!
For who is this book for ?
This is a great book for kids who are interested in learning about China, its people and culture. It’s also perfect for those who want to learn the Mandarin alphabet!
- China ABCs provides a wealth of information about China that is accessible to kids.
- The audiobook format makes the learning process enjoyable and engaging.
- This book is a great way to introduce children to Mandarin Chinese!
- The author could have provided more detail about each place and person she discusses.
- Some of the pronunciations are difficult to hear clearly.
- The book is a little short, clocking in at only 26 minutes long.
Learn more about the author
Holly Schroeder is a teacher and mother of two who has been living in China for over a decade. She is passionate about sharing her knowledge of the Chinese culture with others, and created this audiobook to introduce kids to everything there is to know about China.
“Great introduction to China for kids! The author does a great job of mixing interesting facts about the country with the alphabet, making it an enjoyable and educational listen.”
“This is a great introduction to China for kids. The author does a wonderful job of providing basic information in an engaging way, while also teaching the alphabet.”
“I loved this book! It was so informative and fun. I learned a lot about China and its culture, and I also got to learn the alphabet in Chinese too. This would be a great book for kids who are interested in learning more about China, or for anyone who wants to learn some basic Mandarin.”
“My daughter and I love this book! We’ve listened to it multiple times and learned a lot about China. The narration is clear, the pace is perfect for kids, and the information is interesting.”