In the year 1666, Cinder is a gifted mechanic living in New Beijing. She’s an outcast because she’s a cyborg, but when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle and must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world future.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for Teen & Young Adult audiences.
- The characters are well-developed and likable.
- The story is fast paced and exciting.
- There’s a great mix of science fiction and fairy tale elements.
- The book is too predictable
- The romance between Cinder and Kai feels forced
- Cinder’s cyborg identity is not integral to the plot
Learn more about the author
Marissa Meyer is a teen & young adult author who wrote the book Cinder. It is set in the year 1666 and tells the story of a cyborg named Cinder, who finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle.
“5 Stars! Riveting . . . reminiscent of The Hunger Games.”
” cyborg Cinderella story is a delightful, swoony read with plenty of action and intrigue.”
“Cinder is a Cinderella story for the modern age, with thrilling adventure and romance thrown in. I couldn’t put it down!”
“The plot is intriguing and the characters are well-developed. This book has everything: a believable futuristic world, elements of romance, mystery, action, and even some humor.”