For who is this book for ?
City Girl is for anyone who has ever felt like they didn’t quite fit in. It’s about finding yourself and embracing your differences.
- The author’s writing style is engaging and will keep you hooked until the end.
- The characters are well developed and relatable.
- The plot is unpredictable and keeps you guessing what will happen next.
- The characters are undeveloped and one-dimensional
- The plot is predictable and formulaic
- There is a lot of moralizing that feels preachy
Learn more about the author
Amy Woodley is a writer and artist who lives in Oklahoma. She has a BFA from the University of Tulsa and an MFA from Western Illinois University. City Girl is her first novel.
“Amy Woodley has a gift for creating characters that feel like family. I loved spending time with Chloe and the rest of the residents of Meadow Creek. This is a powerful story about learning to navigate life’s challenges, and it will stay with me long after I finish reading.”
“City Girl is a captivating novel that will keep you hooked until the very end. Amy Woodley has an amazing gift for storytelling, and I can’t wait to read more from her in the future!”
“Amy Woodley has a beautiful way of writing that sucks you into the story and makes you feel like part of the characters’ lives. I couldn’t put this book down!”
“City Girl is a charming and heartwarming read about a young woman who learns to find herself in the most unexpected places. I absolutely loved Chloe’s character and found myself cheering her on as she encountered one new challenge after another. This book will leave you feeling uplifted and inspired, with a renewed appreciation for life.”