Codependent No More is a self-help book written by Melody Beattie and published in 1986. The book focuses on codependency and how to break free from it.
For who is this book for ?
If you are someone who struggles with controlling and/or caretaking behaviors, then this book is for you.Codependent No More will help you understand your codependency and give you the tools needed to start caring for yourself instead of others.
- It helps readers understand codependency and how to break free from it.
- It is a helpful resource for anyone who wants to better understand themselves and their relationships.
- The author’s personal story provides valuable insights into the topic of codependency.
- The author may be biased and could have personal biases that distort the information provided.
- The theory or models proposed in the book might be difficult to apply in real life situations
- It was written over 25 years ago and so some of the ideas/theories might not be as relevant now
Learn more about the author
Melody Beattie is a self-help author who wrote Codependent No More in 1986. The book focuses on codependency and how to break free from it.
“Codependent No More has helped me to understand myself and the way I interact with others. The exercises in each chapter have given me a greater understanding of my codependency and how to work on changing unhealthy behaviors.”
“Codependent No More is a classic self-help book on codependency – an addiction to caring for and fixing others. If you are struggling with someone else’s problems, or feeling like you can’t say no, this book will offer hope and guidance.”
“Codependent No More is the bible of codependency. Melody Beattie helped me to see that my chaotic and painful childhood was not my fault, but it was up to me to do something about it. This book gave me the tools I needed to start taking care of myself.”
” Codependent No More is a self-help book written by Melody Beattie and published in 1986. The book focuses on codependency and how to break free from it. “