Welcome to Cherringham. A sleepy English village with a deadly secret. In this cozy crime series, Sarah and Jack Shepherd solve murders that occur in their tranquil town of Cherringham. These short mysteries are perfect for fans of Midsomer Murders and Agatha Christie’s Poirot. Cold Case features the tenth murder mystery in the series: When local historian Tom Beaufoy is found dead in his home, police assume it was just another case of burglars gone wrong. But when new evidence comes to light, Sarah and Jack believe that Tom might have been killed deliberately – making this the coldest case yet… Listen to Cold Case now and discover the secrets of Cherringham! ©2015 Andrew.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for anyone who enjoys a good mystery. It would also be perfect for fans of Agatha Christie’s Poirot and Midsomer Murders.
- The author does a great job of creating suspense and making the reader want to know what happens next.
- The characters are likable and engaging, and the setting is thoroughly described.
- The mystery is well plotted and its solution surprising.
- The author takes a little too much liberty with the English village setting, making it seem like a perfect place where nothing bad ever happens.
- The cozy mystery genre has been done to death and this book doesn’t really bring anything new to the table.
- It can be frustrating when the characters make obviously stupid decisions that end up getting someone killed.
Learn more about the author
Sarah and Jack Shepherd are back in another installment of the Cherringham mystery series, this time investigating the death of local historian Tom Beaufoy. Beaufoy was found dead in his home with what appears to be a broken neck, but when new evidence comes to light suggesting that he may have been killed on purpose, Sarah and Jack must work fast to solve the coldest case yet. Told through a combination of narration and transcripts from interviews conducted by the intrepid duo, Cold Case is perfect for fans of Midsomer Murders and Agatha Christie’s Poirot.
“I thoroughly enjoyed this audio book! The story was well written and the characters were interesting. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who enjoys a good mystery.”
“Beautifully written with great characters and storylines.”
“The perfect book to curl up with by the fire on a cold winter’s night.”
“I love this series! I have all the books and enjoy listening to them when I am driving. The characters are interesting and easy to follow and the mysteries keep me guessing until the end.”