Confucius: His Religion, Philosophy, and Teachings is a comprehensive examination of the life and work of the famous Chinese philosopher. The book covers Confucius’ religious beliefs, philosophical thought, and teachings on government and society. It also includes excerpts from his writings to help illustrate his ideas.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for anyone who wants to learn more about Confucius and his teachings. It provides a thorough overview of Confucianism, including its history, religious beliefs, and philosophical thought.
- The book provides a detailed overview of Confucius’ life and work.
- It offers insights into his religious beliefs, philosophical thought, and teachings on government and society.
- The excerpts from his writings give readers a better understanding of his ideas.
- The author does not provide a bibliography or recommended further reading.
- The book is somewhat dense and may be difficult for readers without a background in philosophy.
- There are no images or diagrams included to help clarify the text.
Learn more about the author
Kelly Mass is a professor of history at Kennesaw State University in Georgia. She has written extensively on Chinese history and culture, and her work has been published in journals such as The Journal of Asian Studies, Harvard East Asia Review, and China Perspectives.
“This book is great! It provides a detailed overview of Confucius’ life and thought, as well as his impact on Chinese culture. I would definitely recommend it to anyone interested in learning more about this fascinating figure.”
“A well written and interesting book on the life and teachings of Confucius. I learned a lot about this great man, and his impact on Chinese society and culture.”
“This is an extremely well written and informative book on Confucius. Kelly Mass has done a great job of summarizing the philosopher’s life and work, while also providing insightful commentary. I would recommend it to anyone interested in learning more about Confucius or Chinese philosophy in general.”
“This is an excellent book on Confucius and his teachings. The author provides a clear overview of Confucius’ life and work, as well as concise explanations of his philosophical thought. She also includes helpful insights into the Chinese culture in which he lived and worked. I highly recommend it to anyone interested in learning more about this fascinating philosopher.”