For who is this book for ?
This book is for anyone who enjoys a good ghost story.
- The plot is creative and well-done
- The setting is interesting and richly described
- The characters are believable and sympathetic
- The plot is slow-paced and not very exciting.
- The author’s writing style is flowery and difficult to read.
- There are too many extraneous details that don’t add anything to the story.
Learn more about the author
M.J. Porter is the author of two novels, Cragside and The House on Persimmon Road. Her work has been featured in magazines such as Commonwealth Writers’ Prize Stories 2005 and Best New British Novelists 2007, and she was long-listed for the BBC National Short Story Award in 2006. She lives in Northumberland with her husband and two young children “About this title” may belong to another edition of this title.
“The story is well-written and engaging, and the setting is hauntingly beautiful. I highly recommend this book for anyone who enjoys a good ghost story.”
“A wonderful, atmospheric tale set in an abandoned house – perfect for setting the mood on a dark and stormy night!”
“This book was amazing! It was so well written and I felt like I was right there with the characters. I definitely recommend it to anyone who loves a good ghost story.”