When Caldenia, the young and beautiful heiress to the throne of Ayortha, is seized by treasonous lords and taken from her home, she expects a lengthy imprisonment at best. But salvation comes in an unexpected form when she’s sold into slavery to the commander of the Black Army, ruthless general Halefawn Toller. Instead of punishment, Calder finds herself expertly trained in domestic arts—and growing closer to Halef than she ever could have imagined. When rumors surface that her captor plans to march on her homeland and dethrone her family line forever, Calder must choose between betraying him or standing alongside him as his queen.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for young adults who enjoy thrilling and suspenseful novels with a bit of romance mixed in.
- The author has a very descriptive writing style that makes you feel like you’re right there with the characters
- The book is full of surprises and keeps you hooked until the end
- It’s a great teen/young adult read that can be enjoyed by adults as well
- The story flows very well and keeps you interested
- The characters are likable and believable
- The ending is satisfying
Learn more about the author
Sarah J. Maas is the author of the New York Times best-selling Throne of Glass series, as well as the Court of Thorns and Roses series.
“Sarah J. Maas knows how to write a book that’s impossible to put down.”
“I. Love. This. Book! Sarah J Maas has done it again with an amazingly written story that hooked me from the beginning and didn’t let go until the end.”
“I love this book! Sarah J. Maas is an amazing author!”
“Sarah J. Mass never ceases to amaze me with her enchanting writing and addictive storylines.”