When rebel teenager Tessa is shipped off to her grandma’s house in the middle of nowhere for the summer, she expects boredom and monotony. But instead, she finds herself wrapped up in a mystery involving disappearing kids, strange lights in the sky, and a town that seems too good to be true. With no one else to help her unravel what’s going on behind Curfew’s closed doors, it becomes quickly apparent that Tessa must rely on her own intuition and street smarts if she wants to make it out alive…
For who is this book for ?
This book is a gripping, page-turning mystery thriller for young adults. Tessa’s adventures will keep readers on the edge of their seats as she races to solve the mystery before it’s too late.
- The author has a great writing style that sucks the reader in
- The plot is unpredictable and keeps you hooked
- There are lots of twists and turns, making it hard to put down
- Curfew may be too much for younger readers; it contains violence and mature themes.
- The mystery at the heart of Curfew is fairly predictable, and may not hold reader interest until the very end.
- Cowie’s writing style leaves something to be desired; her prose can be choppy and awkward in places.
Learn more about the author
Jayne Cowie is a Canadian author of young adult fiction. Curfew, her first novel, was released in fall 2016. Jayne currently resides in Ontario with her husband and two daughters.
“This book was amazing! I read it in two days and I just couldn’t put it down. It has a great mystery plot that keeps you guessing until the end.”
“I love a good mystery and this one did not disappoint! I was hooked from the beginning and could not put it down. The author does a great job of creating suspense and keeping you guessing until the very end. A must read for fans of thrillers!”
“Loved it! Gripping from the start.”
“Jayne Cowie has woven a taut, suspenseful mystery around the legend of Curfew. The characters are powerfully drawn and the story moves at breakneck speed. I couldn’t put it down!”