This book is about a young cyclist who becomes the national champion. He trains hard and overcomes all sorts of obstacles to reach his goal. The audiobook version is read by Olympic gold medalist Greg LeMond, so cyclists of all ages will be inspired by his story.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for children who are interested in cycling and sports. It will inspire them to reach their own goals and never give up, no matter how difficult things seem at first.
- The story is inspiring and will motivate young cyclists
- The audiobook version is read by a famous cyclist, which makes it even more interesting
- It has a positive message that anything is possible if you work hard enough
- The book may be too inspiring for children who do not have much experience with sports or cycling.
- The audiobook narration by Greg LeMond may be a little too exciting for some listeners.
- Some readers might find the story to be predictable.
Learn more about the author
JAKE MADDOX is the author of more than 150 books for kids, including the bestselling Jake Maddox Sports Stories series. He has written about everything from basketball to BMX biking, and his work has been honored with numerous awards, including a Gold medal from the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators. When he’s not writing or riding his mountain bike around Arizona, where he lives with his wife and two sons, he can be found tinkering in his workshop or out on the golf course.
“This book is a must read for any cyclist! It’s an amazing story of guts, determination and overcoming obstacles. I couldn’t put it down!”
“This book was so inspiring! I never knew cycling could be so exciting. It made me want to get on my bike and start training!”
“This is a great book for young cyclists. It tells the story of how one cyclist trains and competes to become the national champion. I really enjoyed listening to it, and my son loved reading it!”
“I read Cycling Champion and I love it! It’s a great book for athletes of all ages. The main character is very determined, yet humble, which makes him easy to root for. His journey to becoming the national champion is well written and highly suspenseful. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone looking for an inspirational sports story.”