Death in Yellowstone is a detailed account of all the fatal accidents and foolhardy behavior that has occurred in America’s first national park. Author Lee H. Whittlesey offers an insightful look at these tragedies, examining what led to them and how they could have been prevented. From falls off cliffs to drownings in rivers, Death in Yellowstone is both an informative history lesson and a cautionary tale for those who visit this natural wonderland.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for individuals who are interested in learning about the history of accidents and fatalities that have occurred in Yellowstone National Park. It provides an informative look at how these tragedies happened, what could have been done to prevent them, and offers advice for those visiting the park.
- The book is very detailed, providing a comprehensive account of all the fatal accidents that have occurred in Yellowstone National Park.
- Author Lee H. Whittlesey offers an insightful look at these tragedies, examining what led to them and how they could have been prevented.
- The book is both informative and cautionary, serving as a reminder that even seemingly safe activities can be dangerous in nature’s great outdoors.
- The author dwells on specific gruesome details of each incident.
- The book is quite dense and can be difficult to read.
- It may be discouraging for potential visitors to Yellowstone National Park.
Learn more about the author
Lee H. Whittlesey is a historian and author who has written extensively about the history of Yellowstone National Park.
“This is a great book if you are interested in the history of Yellowstone National Park. It is full of interesting stories about people who have died while visiting the park.”
“I found this book to be very interesting. I never knew some of the things that have happened in Yellowstone National Park.”
“This is a great book if you’re interested in learning about the history of Yellowstone National Park. It’s also interesting to read about the various fatalities that have occurred in the park, and what may have caused them.”
“An interesting and well-done book on a gruesome topic. Lee H. Whittlesey does an excellent job of exploring the causes behind each fatality in Yellowstone National Park and providing possible solutions to avoid future accidents.”