If you’re looking to achieve real success in today’s distracting world, then look no further than Deep Work. Written by Cal Newport – an assistant professor of computer science at Georgetown University and author of three books including So Good They Can’t Ignore You – Deep Work explores the necessary skills needed for anyone aiming high in their career. In a world where information overload is rife and concentration is increasingly hard to come by, Newport offers up some essential rules on how to focus your energies productively and produce great work: – Rule 1: calendarize yourDeep Work time – Rule 2: batch similar tasks together =3 Rules forDistraction-Proofing Your Day Deep Work is an engaging and informative read that will help you to clarify your thinking, focus.
For who is this book for ?
Deep Work is for anyone who wants to achieve more in their professional life by mastering the art of concentration. Newport offers helpful tips and tools that will allow you to get more done in less time, without succumbing to distractions.
- The book offers an interesting perspective on the skillset required for success in a distracted world.
- The writing is engaging and makes for easy reading.
- It provides useful tips on how to better focus your energies and achieve more productivity.
- The book is a little dense and may be challenging for those who don’t have an academic background
- It may be difficult to apply the concepts if you work in a noisy, chaotic environment
- There are no simple solutions offered
- achieving success with Deep Work requires significant effort
Learn more about the author
Cal Newport is an assistant professor of computer science at Georgetown University and the author of three books, including So Good They Can’t Ignore You.
“This book provides great insights and practices for anyone seeking to deepen their work productivity by removing distractions. Newport offers a clear prescription for developing and maintaining the deep focus required to thrive in today’s constantly-connected world.”
“Newport offers a compelling argument for anyone desperate to focus in an increasingly noisy and interrupt-driven world.”
“Newport offers a wide range of helpful tactics and strategies for anyone struggling to find the focus needed to get things done in our constantly-connected world.”
“If you are looking for a practical guide on how to focus and do great work, read this book. Newport provides clear rules and tips that will help anyone achieve more in less time.”