Elizabeth Gilbert’s Eat, Pray, Love is the highly readable story of one woman’s search for everything across three different continents. After a difficult divorce and a stint eating herself into oblivion, Gilbert takes to the road on an exploration of spirituality that leads her from Italy to India and then Indonesia. There she finds that self-discovery doesn’t always come easy – but it sure can be delicious.
For who is this book for ?
If you’re looking for an interesting and introspective read, Elizabeth Gilbert’s Eat, Pray, Love is perfect. This book chronicles the author’s journey across three different continents as she looks for spiritual enlightenment. Gilbert is honest about her struggles along the way – from bouts of self-doubt to physical discomfort – and readers will appreciate her candor.
- The author’s writing is engaging and easy to read.
- The story recounts a genuine journey of self-discovery.
- Gilbert includes interesting tidbits about the local cultures she visits.”Eat, Pray, Love” is an inspirational book that takes the reader on a journey of self-exploration. The author’s writing is engaging and easy to read, making for an enjoyable reading experience. Gilbert tells the story of her divorce and subsequent travels with honesty and openness, resulting in a relatable tale. Additionally, “Eat, Pray, Love” provides readers with insights into different cultures around the world.
- The author is trying too hard to be spiritual.
- The book can meander and be a bit disjointed at times.
- It’s not for everyone
- some may find Gilbert’s journey elitist or self-indulgent.
Learn more about the author
Elizabeth Gilbert is the author of Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman’s Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia. A sought-after public speaker, she has also written for The New York Times Magazine and Gourmet. She divides her time between Brooklyn and messier parts of the world.” This book tells about one woman named Elizabeth Gilbert who goes on a journey to find herself after a difficult divorce. She visits three different continents in search of spirituality and self-discovery. This book is filled with humor as well as insight into other cultures.
“If you’re looking for a great read full of personal growth and adventure, look no further.”
“If you could distill everything about Eat, Pray, Love down to one main point it would be this: the search for happiness and fulfillment is an individual journey. Gilbert does a fantastic job of portraying her own spiritual awakening as she travels through Italy, India and Indonesia – each country bringing with it unique challenges and revelations. Whether you’re on your own personal journey or just tagging along for the ride, this book is definitely worth reading.”
“Gilbert’s journey is funny, sad, honest and inspiring all at the same time. She doesn’t shy away from asking big questions or admitting her mistakes (e.g., eating like a pig in Italy after being married to an Italian man), but ultimately what comes through most powerfully is her hunger for life itself.”
“Eat, Pray, Love is one of those books that you just don’t want to end. Gilbert’s tales of her foodie adventures in Italy had me drooling for pasta; her descriptions of the spiritual practices she undertook in India and Indonesia had me inspired to find my own path; and her recounting of personal growth – despite (and sometimes because of) all the challenges along the way – made me feel like anything is possible.”