Walter Isaacson’s “Einstein” is a comprehensive biography of the iconic 20th century physicist. The book covers Einstein’s life from his early childhood to his final years, and provides in-depth insights into his personal life, professional achievements, and scientific theories. Written by one of America’s most acclaimed biographers, “Einstein” is an authoritative account of one of history’s greatest minds.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for people who are interested in science and engineering, as well as biography fans. Walter Isaacson does an excellent job of presenting Einstein’s life and work in a way that is accessible to laypeople without being condescending. The book provides interesting anecdotes about Einstein’s personal life, as well as his scientific theories and discoveries.
- The author does a great job of balancing the scientific and personal aspects of Einstein’s life.
- The book is very well researched, providing accurate details about both Einstein’s professional and private lives.
- It is an enjoyable read for people who are interested in science as well as biography
- The author spends too much time discussing Einstein’s personal life and not enough on his scientific theories.
- The book is dense and difficult to read for those without a scientific background.
- It does not include any images or diagrams which might make it easier to follow the complex concepts discussed in the text.
Learn more about the author
Walter Isaacson is the president and CEO of the Aspen Institute, a nonpartisan think tank in Washington DC. He has also been a professor of history at Tulane University, vice-chairman of CNN, editor of Time magazine, and chairman and CEO of Cable News Network. He is the author or coauthor of 11 books, including “Benjamin Franklin: An American Life”, which won the National Book Award for biography.
“This is the definitive biography of Albert Einstein. It is exhaustive in its coverage of his personal life and scientific work, and it is written by one of America’s preeminent biographers. If you want to know everything about Einstein, read this book.”
“This is a great book about Einstein. He was one of the most brilliant minds of our time and this book does a great job capturing that brilliance.”
“This marvelous book captures both the public and private sides of Einstein – his passion for ideas and ability to change how we view the world, as well as his humor, sensitivity, and personal demons. It is also a compelling scientific biography that explained Einstein’s groundbreaking theories in accessible terms.”
“This magnificent, insightful and engaging book captures Einstein the human being as much as Einstein the physicist.”