Exactly What You Mean is a collection of short stories by Ben Hinshaw. Each story centers around two estranged friends who are brought back together through unlikely circumstances. The characters must confront the truths about themselves and each other in order to find closure. This touching, introspective book will stay with you long after you finish reading it.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for people who are interested in introspective and touching stories.
- The characters are well-developed and relatable
- The stories are moving and thought-provoking
- The writing is beautiful and lyrical
- The book is extremely depressing and will leave you feeling down.
- The plotlines are all very similar and can be a bit monotonous.
- There is not much action or suspense in the stories, making them relatively boring to read.
Learn more about the author
Ben Hinshaw is a writer and teacher who lives in North Carolina. He has been published in several magazines and journals, including The Greensboro Review, Sliver of Stone, and Prima Materia. This is his first book.
“A beautifully written and powerful collection of stories about the complexities of relationships.”
“Moving and memorable.”
“This book is a collection of beautifully written stories about what happens when two estranged friends come back together. The characters are incredibly realistic and the author has a gift for capturing human emotion in words. This is one of those books that you can’t help but feel deeply connected to.”
“Exactly What You Mean is a beautiful and introspective collection of short stories. Ben Hinshaw’s prose is poetic and insightful, and the characters are richly drawn. This book will stay with you long after you finish reading it.”