This anthology of fairy tales, edited by Stephen King, is not for the faint of heart. From Little Red Riding Hood to Cinderella, these classic stories are given a dark and disturbing twist that will leave readers unsettled. With an introduction by King himself, this collection is perfect for fans of horror and fantasy alike.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for people who are looking for a dark and twisted take on some classic fairy tales. If you’re a fan of horror stories and Stephen King, then this anthology is definitely for you.
- Horror and fantasy fans will love the dark and disturbing twists on classic fairy tales.
- The anthology is edited by Stephen King, one of the most popular horror writers today.
- The introduction by King himself provides some interesting background information on each story.
- The book may be too dark for some readers.
- The stories can be disturbing and violent.
- King’s introduction is rather long and dense.
Learn more about the author
Stephen King is the author of more than fifty books, all of them worldwide bestsellers. His recent work includes Elevation, a novel about love and loss in a small town; The Outsider, a dark psychological thriller; and Sleeping Beautys Castle, a collection of short stories drawn from his beloved Christmas story anthologies. He lives in Maine with his wife, novelist Tabitha King.
“Love, love, LOVE this book! I’m a big Stephen King fan and was hesitant to buy it because of the price but so glad I did. A must have for any fans of his work or dark fairy tales!”
“Stephen King has assembled a splendid collection of appropriately dark and twisted fairy tales… sure to please his legions of fans.”
“A dark and twisted take on some of the most beloved fairy tales ever told.”
“This is one of the most interesting, entertaining and well-done books I have ever read. The stories are all classics that have been given a modern update with a dark twist that makes them even more enjoyable.”