In “Find Your People”, Jennie Allen explores the idea of community and how it is essential for Christians in today’s world. Drawing on her personal experiences, Allen provides guidance for developing meaningful relationships with other believers and creating a church family that feels like home. Readers will learn how to make the most of small group studies, prayer meetings, and worship services while also cultivating friendships outside of church. With warm anecdotes and practical advice, this book shows readers that they are not meant to walk through life alone.
For who is this book for ?
Jennie Allen’s book, “Find Your People”, is for Christians who are longing for a deeper sense of community within the church. This book provides guidance on how to make the most out of small group studies, prayer meetings and worship services in order to build meaningful relationships with other believers. Additionally, readers will learn how to cultivate friendships outside of church. Jennie Allen’s warm anecdotes and practical advice makes this an indispensable read for anyone seeking connection with others in today’s society.
- This book emphasizes the importance of having a church family and provides guidance for how to develop meaningful relationships with other believers.
- The author’s personal experiences provide readers with relatable examples.
- The book is practical, offering tips for how to make the most of small group studies, prayer meetings, and worship services.
- The author occasionally name-drops other famous Christians which can feel a bit like bragging.
- The book is slightly repetitive in parts.
- Some of the advice (e.g., join lots of small groups) may be difficult to put into practice for people who live in rural or isolated areas
Learn more about the author
Jennie Allen is the author of “Find Your People” and founder of IF:Gathering, a Christian conference for women. She has been featured on NBC’s Today Show and in The New York Times, among other media outlets. Jennie lives with her husband and four children in Austin, Texas.
“Jennie Allen has a refreshing and passionate voice, speaking to the heart of what it means to be deeply connected with others as part of God’s eternal plan.”
“Find Your People”
“Jennie Allen has given the Body of Christ a wonderfully encouraging gift with Find Your People. As someone who myself struggled for many years to find my people, I resonated deeply with this book! Jennie offers sound advice and personal stories that will resonate with anyone longing for deeper community in their life.”
“Jennie Allen is a gifted writer and I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It’s well written, relevant, encouraging, and inspiring. If you’re looking for ways to develop deeper relationships with other believers or if you’re longing for community but don’t know how to find it, then I highly recommend reading Find Your People.”