Firekeeper’s Daughter is an exciting teen novel set in a world of magic and adventure. When her father is killed, Shannon must leave her home to become the next firekeeper – a role she is not prepared for. But with the help of her new friends, Shannon will learn to harness her powers and protect her people from those who would do them harm.
For who is this book for ?
The story is written for young adults who enjoy fantasy and adventure stories.
- The author does a great job of world-building, creating a detailed and imaginative setting
- The characters are well-developed and engaging
- The story is exciting and fast paced
- The book could be more exciting.
- There could be more magic present in the story.
- The worldbuilding is not very strong.
Learn more about the author
Angeline Boulley is a graduate of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, where she studied creative writing and journalism. Firekeeper’s Daughter is her debut novel.
“A fast-paced, action-packed read that is sure to please fans of fantasy and adventure.”
“Angeline Boulley has created an enchanting world that I didn’t want to leave. Firekeeper’s Daughter is a page-turner packed with action, mystery and romance.”
“This book has everything – adventure, magic and romance. I loved it!”
“Angeline Boulley has created a magical world that I didn’t want to leave. Shannon is an inspiring protagonist who I rooted for from beginning to end.”