Flight 93 tells the story of American courage in the face of terrorism on September 11th, 2001. On that fateful day, a group of passengers and crewmembers aboard United Airlines Flight 93 banded together to attempt to take back the plane from hijackers intent on crashing it into Washington D.C. The events that unfolded inside flight93 have become part of history, but until now their tale has never been fully told. McMillan weaves together eyewitness accounts with newly declassified information in an effort to create a complete pictureof what happened on boardthatplane andthelegacy it left behind The story of Flight 93 is one of bravery in the face of terror.
For who is this book for ?
On September 11, 2001, a group of passengers and crewmembers on board United Airlines Flight 93 banded together to take back their plane from hijackers who were intent on crashing it into Washington D.C. The events that unfolded inside the plane have become part of history, but until now their story has never been fully told. McMillan weaves together eyewitness accounts with newly declassified information in order to create a complete picture of what happened on board that plane and the legacy it left behind.
- The author does a great job of weaving together eyewitness accounts with newly declassified information to provide a complete picture of what happened on board the plane.
- This book is an important tribute to the courage and patriotism of the passengers and crewmembers who fought back against the hijackers.
- The story of Flight 93 provides hope in the face of tragedy and reminds us that America is built on strength, resilience, and determination
- It may be difficult to find.
- The subject matter may be emotionally difficult to read.
- It is a recent publication, so the information might not be completely reliable yet.
Learn more about the author
Tom McMillan is a journalist and author who has written for several publications, including the New York Times, Washington Post, and Smithsonian magazine. He is also the co-author of two books on history.
“This book is a MUST read for all Americans. It details the heroism of those on board Flight 93, and what they did to try and save everyone on board.”
“This book is a must read for every American. It tells the story of the brave men and women on board Flight 93 who fought back against the terrorists, trying to save as many lives as possible. Their heroism undoubtedly saved even more lives than were lost in that plane crash. The aftermath of 9/11 was tragic, but this story gives us hope and reminds us that America will never give up or be defeated.”
“Tom McMillan has written a riveting and exhaustively researched account of the hijacking of United 93 on September 11, 2001. This is an important book that fills in many gaps about one of the most dramatic chapters in American history.”
“This book managed to evoke all of the emotions I felt on 9/11. It was gripping, powerful, and moving.”