No one loves food more than Jim Gaffigan. America’s favorite comedian cracks wise about everything edible, from pizza to bacon to Hot Pockets. His hilarious and shockingly informative Food: A Love Story covers all the basics on what we eat and why we eat it-and offers some insightful tips for getting through life without gaining weight.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for anyone who loves food, or someone who wants to learn more about why we love to eat the things we do. Jim Gaffigan has a lot of wisdom and humor to share on the topic, so it’s sure to be an enjoyable read!
- Gaffigan is very funny and informative
- The book is light hearted but also provides a lot of factual information about food
- Gaffigan does not come across as judgmental or preachy, which I appreciate
- The book is a little short.
- The author cracks jokes about everything edible, which can be funny but also gets a bit old after awhile.
- Some of the information in the book is already common knowledge.
Learn more about the author
Jim Gaffigan is a stand-up comedian, actor and author. His humorously observant insights on life, food, fatherhood and celiac disease have made him one of the top comedians in the country. He lives with his wife and five children in Manhattan.
“This book is hilarious! I’m not a huge fan of Jim Gaffigan, but he had me laughing out loud throughout this entire book. His witty commentary on food and eating was the perfect diversion from reality.”
“This book is so great! I laughed out loud while reading it and learned some things too. Highly recommend!”
“Food: A Love Story is like having a conversation with Jim Gaffigan over dinner-fascinating, entertaining and making you glad to be sitting down to eat. I laughed out loud on almost every page.”
“Funny, informative, and five pounds lighter.”