Forever Horatio is the story of author Edmund Pegge’s lifelong friendship with actor Sir Laurence Olivier. The two met as children and remained close friends until Olivier’s death in 1989. Forever Horatio offers a rare glimpse into the private world of one of the greatest actors of all time.
For who is this book for ?
- The author has a unique perspective, as he was friends with Olivier both before and after his fame
- The book provides interesting insights into Olivier’s personal life
- It is an enjoyable read
- The author spends a lot of time reminiscing about his childhood friends, rather than focusing on Olivier’s life and career.
- There are very few details about Olivier’s personal life or his work as an actor.
- The book is poorly edited, with numerous errors throughout the text.
Learn more about the author
Edmund Pegge is a writer and actor. He has worked extensively in the theater, both in the UK and abroad. Forever Horatio is his first book.
“This book is a must read for any fan of Sir Laurence Olivier. Edmund Pegge provides an insightful and personal account of their friendship that spans over 50 years. The anecdotes and stories are both entertaining and informative, offering a unique perspective on one of the greatest actors who ever lived.”
“This is a great book for any fan of Laurence Olivier! Edmund Pegge does an excellent job of capturing the nuances of their friendship and providing insights that only someone who was close to Laurence could offer.”
“An absolutely fascinating read – a must for all fans of Laurence Olivier.”
“This wonderful book is a love story – the love of an English boy for his lifelong friend, the greatest actor in the world. It is also a privileged glimpse behind closed theatre doors at how one of our most acclaimed actors worked and created.”