Faust was a happy, normal dog until he was taken from his home and put into a shelter. He spent months there waiting for someone to adopt him, but no one ever did. One day, out of the blue, Faust is chosen by a wealthy family and whisked away to live in their luxurious mansion. At first, Faust is thrilled with his new life and everything that comes with it: plenty of food, toys to play with, and regular walks outside. But as time goes on he realizes that something isn’t quite right–the family never interacts with him other than when they want to use him for experiments or training sessions. Gradually Faust begins to realize that he’s nothing more than a glorified pet…and when he finally has had enough abuse at the hands of his “owners,” he makes plans for escape.
For who is this book for ?
- The author does a great job of portraying the emotions that Faust is feeling throughout the book.
- The plot is very well written and keeps you engaged from beginning to end.
- This book provides an interesting perspective on pet ownership, animal training, and how humans can manipulate animals for their own purposes.
- The protagonist is a dog
- The story may be too sad or depressing for some readers
- It is the second book in a series
Learn more about the author
Randi Darren is a Canadian author who writes young adult and new adult fiction. Her books often explore darker themes such as mental illness, addiction, and slavery. She has a Master’s degree in English literature and lives in Toronto with her husband and two dogs.
“Brilliant! A fantastic follow-up to the first book. I really enjoyed reading about Faust’s journey and am looking forward to more from this author.”
“A top-notch thriller that is sure to get your heart racing. I couldn’t put it down!”
“Fostering Faust is a heartwarming story about the unbreakable bond between dog and human. I couldn’t put it down!”
“Fostering Faust is an amazing book! I loved it so much that I read it in one day!”