This book is about the Biblical figure Gideon and his heroic journey to redemption. Dr. Bruce L. Hartman draws on insights from psychology and scripture to explore the ways that we can all live with God through a trusting faith.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for Christians looking to explore the story of Gideon and learn about how they can have a trusting faith in God.
- The author offers a fresh perspective on the story of Gideon
- The book is well-researched and draws from scripture and psychology
- The writing is inspirational without being preachy
- The writing is dry and heavy-going
- The author repeats himself frequently
- There is little contextual information on Gideon the man, which makes it difficult to connect with the biblical story
Learn more about the author
Dr. Bruce L Hartman is a practicing psychologist and ordained minister who has written extensively on the intersection of faith and psychology.
“Gideon, God’s Mighty Man of Valor is a fresh, insightful look at one of the Bible’s most enigmatic heroes. Dr. Bruce L. Hartman brings his background in psychology to bear on Gideon’s story, uncovering its richness and relevance for our lives today.”
“Gideon, God’s Mighty Man of Valor is an insightful and inspiring look at one of the Bible’s most exciting stories. Dr. Bruce L. Hartman brings his unique perspective to bear on Gideon’s journey from doubt to faith, offering readers a roadmap for their own spiritual growth.”
“This book was amazing! It really opened my eyes to see how much God has done for us, and how much He is still doing.”
“Gideon: God’s Mighty Man of Valor is a great read! The author does an excellent job of tying together the story of Gideon from the Bible with modern-day psychology. This book will help you to see how even the most seemingly ordinary person can become a hero through their faith in God.”