Gold Dust Woman is the authorized biography of legendary rock singer and songwriter Stevie Nicks. Published in 1988, the book was written by Stephen Davis, who had exclusive access to Nicks and her family, friends, and colleagues. It provides a detailed account of Nicks’s life and career, from her childhood in Phoenix to her successful solo career in the 1980s. The book also includes extensive interviews with Nicks herself, as well as with other key figures in her life such as Fleetwood Mac bandmates Mick Fleetwood and Lindsey Buckingham.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for music lovers, and people who are interested in the life of Stevie Nicks. It provides detailed information about her personal life and career, including exclusive interviews with herself and other important figures in her life.
- Stephen Davis had exclusive access to Stevie Nicks and those close to her, so the book is packed with insights
- It provides a detailed chronological account of her life and career
- There are lots of interviews with Stevie herself as well as other key players in her life
- The author is often long-winded and goes off on irrelevant tangents.
- The book provides a lot of personal detail about Stevie Nicks’s life, which some readers may find uninteresting.
- There are no illustrations or photographs included in the text.
Learn more about the author
Davis is a music journalist and author who has written extensively about popular music. He is the author of several books, including biographies of Jim Morrison, John Lennon, and Led Zeppelin.
“Gold Dust Woman is a must-read for any Stevie Nicks fan.”
“I have never been a fan of biography’s but I could not put this book down. Davis does an excellent job giving the reader a feel for who Stevie is – both as artist and woman. The trials and tribulations of her life are laid bare, making for compelling reading.”
“Gold Dust Woman is a great read for any Stevie Nicks fan. Stephen Davis does an excellent job of painting a picture of her life and career, from her early days with Fleetwood Mac to her successful solo career in the 1980s. This book includes lots of information about Nicks’s personal life as well as interviews with herself and other key figures in her life.”
“Davis does an excellent job of capturing the magic and mystique that is Stevie Nicks. This book is a must-read for any fan of Fleetwood Mac or Stevie Nicks.”