This book takes a look at the science behind gravitational waves, and how they have been used to unlock secrets about the universe. Brian Clegg provides a clear and concise explanation of what these ripples in spacetime are, and explores their significance for our understanding of the cosmos. Featuring fascinating insights into everything from black holes to the big bang theory, Gravitational Waves is an essential read for anyone interested in this exciting area of scientific discovery.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for people who are interested in science and engineering. It provides a clear and concise explanation of gravitational waves, and how they have been used to unlock secrets about the universe.
- Gravitational Waves is a clear and concise explanation of what gravitational waves are.
- The book explores the significance of gravitational waves for our understanding of the cosmos, providing fascinating insights into everything from black holes to the big bang theory.
- This book is essential reading for anyone interested in this exciting area of scientific discovery
- The writing style is a bit dry
- There are some complex concepts that may be difficult for the average reader to follow
- The book does not have any images or illustrations
Learn more about the author
Brian Clegg is a science writer and commentator who has written more than 25 books on scientific topics, including Time Travel: A How-To Guide. He is a regular contributor to BBC Sky at Night magazine and writes for newspapers and magazines around the world.
“An excellent, accessible introduction to the science of gravitational waves.”
“The perfect primer on gravitational waves for the layperson! Clear, concise and engaging writing from Brian Clegg makes this a must-read for anyone looking to gain an understanding of one of the most groundbreaking scientific discoveries in recent history.”
“This is a great book that explains gravitational waves in an easy to understand way. I learned a lot from reading it and would recommend it to anyone interested in learning more about this topic.”
“An easily readable and understandable account of gravitational waves.”