Grit is the power of passion and perseverance, based on Angela Duckworth’s seven years of research with top performers from West Point to Wall Street. In this book, she shares what grit is, how it works, and why it matters.
For who is this book for ?
The book is for individuals who want to learn more about grit and how it can help them achieve their goals.
- Grit is based on Angela Duckworth’s seven years of research, making it a credible source.
- Grit can be applied to many different areas in life, such as education and work.
- The author provides stories and examples of grit in action, which makes the concept easier to understand.
- Some readers might find the content repetitive.
- The book does not provide a lot of tangible advice on how to develop grit.
- Readers who are looking for inspiration rather than research may be disappointed.
Learn more about the author
Angela Duckworth is the Christopher H. Browne Distinguished Professor of Psychology at the University of Pennsylvania and a 2013 MacArthur Fellow.
“Angela Duckworth’s book, Grit, is an insightful and informative read on the topic of success. Through her own personal stories and scientific research she provides a compelling argument for why grit is one of the most important factors in achieving greatness. This book will inspire you to find your passion and pursue it with tenacity.”
“Grit is an excellent book. Angela Duckworth provides readers with great insights into the psychology of achievement and success. She has a gift for making complex concepts easy to understand, and her writing is engaging and entertaining.”
“Grit is a game changer. Angela Duckworth’s magnificent ability to distill complex concepts into simple truths makes this one of the most important books you will read.”
“Great book on the psychology of success. This isn’t another ‘self-help’ book, but a great look at the research on what makes people successful.”