In Half-Pipe Prize, thirteen-year-old skateboarder Nate is determined to win the annual half-pipe contest and become the best skater in town. But when he’s paired up with new friend Jaden – who never leaves his wheelchair – Nate has to push himself harder than ever before. With determination and teamwork, they just might surprise everyone and take home first prize!
For who is this book for ?
- The story is exciting and keeps you entertained.
- The characters are well developed and likable.
- There is a good message about working together to achieve your goals.
- Nate is determined to win the annual half-pipe contest, but when he’s paired up with new friend Jaden
- who never leaves his wheelchair
- Nate has to push himself harder than ever before.
- With determination and teamwork, they just might surprise everyone and take home first prize!
Learn more about the author
Jake Maddox is the author of over sixty books for young readers, including six children’s audiobooks. He has written for several different genres, but is most well-known for his sports stories – especially football and skateboarding. Jake lives in Nashville, Tennessee with his wife and two sons.
“If you’re looking for an audiobook with a strong message of determination, Half-Pipe Prize is sure to please. Narrator Matt Sullivan gives the characters just the right amount of personality and emotion, making it easy to invest in their story.”
“This is an amazing story! It’s so inspiring and shows that anything is possible if you put your mind to it!”
“Powered by Maddox’s undiminished young-reader appeal and strong skateboarding sequences, this title should score points with its audience.”