HIM tells the story of Leo, a gay man who moves to New York City after college and falls in love with Rufus, an older married man. When their relationship faces challenges, Leo must decide whether to stay or go.
For who is this book for ?
- The characters are relatable and the storyline is engaging.
- Bowen does a great job of portraying both the positive and negative aspects of gay relationships.
- The ending will leave you feeling satisfied.
- It may be hard to relate to the characters because they are all living in a big city
- The love story might be too unrealistic or perfect for some people
- It is a short book, so it might not be able to cover everything that happened in Leo and Rufus’s relationship
Learn more about the author
Sarina Bowen is a USA Today bestselling author of queer romance. Her books have been published internationally in eight languages, and she’s a two-time winner of the RITA Award from the Romance Writers of America. She lives with her family near Boston, Massachusetts.
“I absolutely loved this book! I read it in one sitting because I couldn’t put it down. Sarina Bowen has a beautiful way of writing that sucks you right into the story.”
“I gobbled this novel up in one sitting – an emotionally charged and exquisitely written story about love, loss, and what it means to find home.”
“I loved this book! Bowen has a gift for creating rich, complex characters and believable relationships. I rooted for Leo and Rufus the whole way through.”
“HIM is a beautifully written, emotionally charged romance that will stay with you long after you finish the last page. Sarina Bowen has done it again!”